Here Are Some Moving Tips For When Your Getting Ready For Your Next Move
General Moving Tips
- The First Moving Tip is to reserve your move ahead of time, call a green, licensed and insured moving company. Let us know your name, telephone number, who referred you, and the date you wish to move. Hire the right number of movers based on the size of your home
- Find out if there are any building requirements at your move-out and move-in locations. (ie. liability insurance certificates, worker’s compensation, parking restrictions, time constraints, etc.)
- If you are living in a building with an elevator, please reserve the elevator for the time of your move. Smaller elevators take more time to complete the move.
- While preparing for your move you will probably find that you have many items you do not want to bring to your new home. Reducing the volume of belongings that your moving company needs to load and deliver will result in a move that takes less time and less money to complete. Consider donating your belongings to charitable organizations. Give away your unwanted items or hold a garage sale.
- Please, do not have your phone shut off the day of the move in case we need to contact you. Make sure you have the appropriate payment ready before the end of job, so the time does not tick on the way to the bank.
- We will disassemble and/or set-up beds, washer and dryers or any other household goods. All our movers carry tools.
- Stay clear of the movers path and please keep animals and children clear too.
- Items we cannot move are: hazardous materials, gasoline, BBQ tanks, firearms, ammunition or lawnmowers with any trace of fuel.
- Special Note: Red Box Moving is not liable for loss or damage to documents, currency, money, jewelry, coin collections, stamp collections or other similar items of high-value as we cannot accept these items for shipment. It is necessary that you make other arrangements to transport those articles.
More Packing & Moving Tips
Boca Raton’s Movers – Red Box Moving, Inc. professional packing services offer you convenience and peace of mind.
If you choose to pack your own goods, here are some moving tips to remember:
- Save old newspaper for packing material, but be careful – the ink may rub off and stain certain items. We recommend that you use white paper that can be purchased from us.
- Take extra care to make sure the bottoms of all cartons are secured and will hold the weight of the contents. Tape the top closed tightly when full.
- Always pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top. Try not to exceed a weight of 50 pounds per box.
- Placing smaller items in boxes will save you time with your move. Please mark boxes according to designated rooms. This will make the move quicker.
- Moving dresser drawers – you can leave your clothes inside but do not keep any breakables inside the drawers.
- Electronic components such as stereos, computers, and other equipment must be packed in its original boxes, or in boxes that give the same degree of protection.
- Artwork must be packed in boxes that provide adequate protections. Please mark boxes “Art and Fragile”. The use of bubble wrap is recommended.